Christmas is here and things can get pretty hectic. It’s important to remember to add some festive decorations to your home to add some holiday spirit to your home. This can get rather tedious when you have to juggle all of the holiday responsibilities and so our Hawaii Builders want to help make the holidays a little less stressful with 10 easy tips to add some cheer to your home during the holidays.
- Decorate everything with bows. Tie bows to chair backs, wreaths, stair railings, doorknobs, and candlesticks. You don’t have to use red and green, pick what fits in with your interior colors. To save money you can even untie the ribbons and save them for next year.
- Take out the holiday tableware for every meal. Pack away none holiday plates and cups make your house look more festive. You can get china dishes cheap if you want to ease into it; you can even buy just one or two sets a year if you need to and build up a collection.
- Use candles for both lighting and decoration. Add some natural elements to your decorations like berries, evergreen branches, and pinecones. Another other cool idea is artificial snow on a table top or platter with the candle. Or Take a clear glass, fill it with water, add festive food coloring and float a candle in it.
- Whenever you are home play some Christmas music, it’s a great way to add some joy and happiness to the house. It will get everyone into the holiday spirit as well as put a smile on your face.
- Bake! Make some Christmas cookies and set them out. Put them on a decorative plate and set them out for family and guests. You can even make a wreath with Christmas candies tied to it with a pair of scissors near by so you can cut off the candy.
- You can use your leftover greens from your Christmas tree to make arrangements in simple bowls. These are handy for any room in the house and are easy to make. You can add pine cones in for an earthy feel.
- Take a family picture. Plan a trip or small occasion where everyone is together. Take a picture, stick it in a frame and set it somewhere. Not only does this add a holiday feel but it adds a feeling of togetherness and makes a memory.
- Set up Santa’s snack! Have a little space where you can set this up? Cookies, milk, a candle, and a note with your Christmas wishes.
- Hang stockings! Even if you don’t have a fireplace, find a spot to hang them. They are a great decoration that adds lots of color and feeling to home.
- Use your Christmas cards as decoration. We all get tons of them and it doesn’t hurt to use the ones from years past. They add a wonderful holiday cheer to any room and don’t be afraid to get creative with them.
These are some easy things to do around the house to add that holiday spirit. While there are many things you can do, hopefully these 10 tips at least gave you some ideas. So from our Hawaii Builders, Mele Kalikimaka me ka Hau’oli Makahiki Hou! Visit us at our Home Page!